The library has an opening for a Library Assistant Level 3 – History Room Manager. This is a part time position for approximately 12 hours per week. Applications may be emailed to email@example.com or dropped off at the library.
Need a little pick-me-up? Pick up a Take and Make craft at the library! New projects are available for kids and adults.
The library is dedicated to preserving all areas of Hudson History through the work that goes on in the Hudson History Room. We are living through unprecedented and historic times right now. The History Room wants to know about the experiences of Hudson residents so that we can record and pass on our shared story to future generations of Hudson residents. Take a few minutes to fill out this questionnaire and tell us about your experiences with COVID-19. Feel free to share the link with your friends, neighbors, and family so we can get as many responses as possible.
Eventually, we would like to create a collection of responses and artifacts from this time in the History Room so the more responses we get, the more complete the collection will be! Thank you for your help.
The library reopened its doors on Wednesday, July 1, for our regular library hours. Here’s what you need to know:
1) We ask patrons to limit their time in the library to selection of materials and checkout. We love that the library is a hang out and socialize spot. Right now, however, the hanging out and socializing need to happen outside the library building.
2) We ask patrons to behave responsibly and respectfully. Please maintain proper social distancing guidelines and be conscious of the personal space of others. We trust our patrons to remain home if they are ill or have potentially been in contact with someone who is ill.
3) We ask patrons to call us for curbside service and use our online resources Axis360, OverDrive, Biblioboard and Tumblebooks when coming to the library is uncomfortable or inadvisable. Current conditions should not keep anyone from using their library.
The library is continuing curbside service even though our doors are open. Check item availability through the online catalog and give us a call from the parking lot during regular library hours when you arrive to pick up your items. It’s that simple! Having difficulty with the online catalog? Please call and let us help. It’s what we do.
Now is the perfect time to explore our great selection of e-resources available through the online catalog, RSAcat Mobile app, Axis360, Libby, OverDrive, Tumblebooks, and BiblioBoard. If you do not know your PIN, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can reset it for you. We have video tutorials to help you learn how to search the catalog to place a hold, install the RSAcat Mobile app to your phone, and install e-resource apps so you can check out e-books and e-audiobooks from home. Do you need a card? Start here!
The Library Board has voted to cease collection of fines for overdue materials. If you borrow it, bring it back. If you need it a little longer, go ahead and renew it. If you get an overdue notice, it’s a friendly reminder to renew or return. Returning library materials is just doing your neighbor a favor. Replacement costs for lost or damaged items still apply.
How to search the library online catalog
How to install an e-Resource app to your phone or tablet
How to install and use the RSAcat Mobile app (Use full screen mode to view)
How to search for DVDs in the online catalog
Hudson Area Public Library patrons can borrow mobile hot spots to take the internet wherever they go.
A hot spot is a portable device that provides Wi-Fi internet access to computers, phones, or tablets. They connect to 4G LTE speeds through a cellular network. Library hot spots come with unlimited data and can connect up to 10 devices at a time. So, if you want a reliable internet connection for your devices on vacation or don’t have internet at home and have a project to work on, hot spots are a great option. Our hot spots work anywhere in the U.S. where there is Sprint mobile coverage.
Rules for borrowing
- You must be 18 or older to check out a hot spot.
- 7-day checkout.
- 1 renewal on units without holds.
- 2 of our hot spots can be placed on hold via the online catalog just like a book. The other 2 are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Holds will remain on the hold shelf for pickup for 2 days then pass to the next user.
- 1 hot spot checkout per household per month.
- The overdue fee for hot spots is 50 cents per day.
- Hot spots are deactivated if overdue.
- If lost or not returned, a $40 charge will be added to the patron’s account.
Take a minute to watch! This is awesome!!