Sign up for Winter Story Time. Story Time is for Preschool children ages 3-5. Each session will last from 30-40 minutes. Sessions are January 23/24, 30/31, February 6/7, 13/14, 20/21, & 27/28 on Thursday evening beginning at 6:30 or Friday morning beginning at 10:30. Registration is open December 2 through January 13.
Food for Fines will continue through December 12. If you have overdue fines, we will be happy to forgive them when you bring non-perishable food or paper items to share with those in Hudson who are in need this holiday season. Got fines? Give food! No fines? You can drop food off at the library for the Hudson Love Baskets anyway!
Hudson Area Public Library patrons can borrow mobile hot spots to take the internet wherever they go.
A hot spot is a portable device that provides Wi-Fi internet access to computers, phones, or tablets. They connect to 4G LTE speeds through a cellular network. Library hot spots come with unlimited data and can connect up to 10 devices at a time. So, if you want a reliable internet connection for your devices on vacation or don’t have internet at home and have a project to work on, hot spots are a great option. Our hot spots work anywhere in the U.S. where there is Sprint mobile coverage.
Rules for borrowing
- You must be 18 or older to check out a hot spot.
- 7-day checkout.
- 1 renewal on units without holds.
- 2 of our hot spots can be placed on hold via the online catalog just like a book. The other 2 are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Holds will remain on the hold shelf for pickup for 2 days then pass to the next user.
- 1 hot spot checkout per household per month.
- The overdue fee for hot spots is 50 cents per day.
- Hot spots are deactivated if overdue.
- If lost or not returned, a $40 charge will be added to the patron’s account.
Introducing a great new service that allows you to easily keep track of everything going on in the Hudson area!
Burbio.com is a FREE website and app that puts schools, library and other local events all in one calendar. You can create a personalized event feed and even sync events to your Google or iPhone calendars! You’ll also receive important notifications if events change.
Many of Hudson’s calendars are already posted! If you are involved in a group or organization and want to get your events on Burbio, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teens, be a part of what’s happening at the library!! Teen Advisory League meets monthly on the 4th Monday at 6pm to discuss books, games, movies and more!! Refreshments will be served!! Register on the Teen Advisory League page to let Mrs. Johnson know you can be there!!
Library Cardholder Discounts From Museums and Cultural Attractions
The Reaching Across Illinois Library System (RAILS) is developing a new online program to allow cardholders from participating RAILS libraries to reserve free passes, discount admission, and other incentives from cultural attractions in Illinois, such as museums, cultural centers, zoos, aquariums, gardens, historical societies, etc.
With your Hudson library card you will be able to take advantage of free/discounted admission and other deals from a wide variety of Illinois museums and cultural attractions. Visit the Explore More Illinois FAQ page.
|Attraction of the Month|
|The Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum uses a combination of scholarship and showmanship to immerse visitors in Lincoln’s life and times. As an Explore More Illinois attraction, they are offering $2 off the price of a regular adult admission. |
The following new exhibits are on display for limited times and are included with museum admission. In This Great Struggle: The Greatest Generation Remembers World War II, All Aboard: America’s Love of Railroads, and C-SPAN’s traveling exhibit American Presidents: Life Portraits.
- 1950s Park Forest House Museum / Park Forest
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum / Springfield
- American Toby Jug Museum / Evanston
- Central Illinois Connection Center / Chatsworth
- Chicago Children’s Museum / Chicago
- Chicago Maritime Museum / Chicago
- Discovery Center Museum / Rockford
- DuSable Musem of African American History Museum / Chicago
- Edwards Place / Springfield
- Ernest Hemingway Foundation of Oak Park / Oak Park
- Homewood Science Center / Homewood
- Illinois Holocaust Museum / Skokie
- Kankakee County Museum / Kankakee
- Kidzeum of Health and Science / Springfield
- Mary and Leigh Block Museum of Art / Evanston
- Momence Heritage Days / Momence
- Museum of Contemporary Photography at Columbia College / Chicago
- Peoria Riverfront Museum / Peoria
- Springfield Arts Association / Springfield
- Viking Ship / Geneva
This list was last updated on May 9, 2019. The list of participating and attractions and their offers are subject to change. Please log into Explore More Illinois to see the most current offerings.
Take a minute to watch! This is awesome!!
Book Chat meets the fourth Thursday of each month at 10:30am. Join our eclectic group of readers as we discuss all the great stuff we’re reading and all that’s on our “to read” lists!! We meet the 4th Thursday of the month at 10:30am. Check the library calendar for future dates.
The Knit and Crochet group meets every other Wednesday at 1:00pm to craft items for donation to local charities. This is a fun and chatty group, and new members are a treat!
Yarn is provided. Can’t make it to the meetings? Pick up some yarn at the Library then drop off your finished projects! Watch the Library calendar for upcoming meeting dates.