Hudson Area Public Library patrons can borrow mobile hot spots to take the internet wherever they go.
A hot spot is a portable device that provides Wi-Fi internet access to computers, phones, or tablets. They connect to 4G LTE speeds through a cellular network. Library hot spots come with unlimited data and can connect up to 10 devices at a time. So, if you want a reliable internet connection for your devices on vacation or don’t have internet at home and have a project to work on, hot spots are a great option. Our hot spots work anywhere in the U.S. where there is Sprint mobile coverage.
Rules for borrowing
- You must be 18 or older to check out a hot spot.
- 7-day checkout.
- 1 renewal on units without holds.
- 2 of our hot spots can be placed on hold via the online catalog just like a book. The other 2 are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Holds will remain on the hold shelf for pickup for 2 days then pass to the next user.
- 1 hot spot checkout per household per month.
- The overdue fee for hot spots is 50 cents per day.
- Hot spots are deactivated if overdue.
- If lost or not returned, a $40 charge will be added to the patron’s account.